On the Platform Services Controller load balancer, create two server pools that contain the Platform Services Controller instances for the management and for the shared edge and compute clusters. The first server pool handles SSL requests from the vSphere Web Client on port 443 and the second handles requests to the VMware Directory service on port 389.
Repeat this procedure to create two server pools. Use the values indicated in the procedure to create the first and second server pools.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- Click Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, click NSX Edges.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select 172.17.11.65 as the NSX Manager and double-click the lax01psc01 NSX Edge to manage its network settings.
- Click the Manage tab, click Load Balancer, and select Pools.
- Click the Add icon, and in the New Pool dialog box, enter the following values.
Setting Value Value Name psc-https-443 psc-tcp-389 Algorithm ROUND-ROBIN ROUND-ROBIN Monitors default-tcp-monitor default-tcp-monitor
- New Members dialog box, click the Add icon to add the first pool member.
- In the New Member dialog box, enter the following values and click OK.
Setting Values for First Server Pool Values for Second Server Pool Name lax01m01psc01 lax01m01psc01 IP Address/VC Container lax01m01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local lax01m01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local State Enable Enable Port Monitor Port 443 389 Weight 1 1
- Under Members, click the Add icon to add the second pool member.
- In the New Member dialog box, enter the following values, click OK, and click OK to save the PSC server pools.
Setting Values for First Server Pool Values for Second Server Pool Name lax01w01psc01 lax01w01psc01 IP Address/VC Container lax01w01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local lax01w01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local State Enable Enable Port Monitor Port 443 389 Weight 1 1
- Repeat the procedure to create the remaining server pool.