Create an application profile to define the behavior of a particular type of network traffic. After configuring a profile, you associate the profile with a virtual server. The virtual server then processes traffic according to the values specified in the profile. Using profiles enhances your control over managing network traffic, and makes traffic-management tasks easier and more efficient.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- Click Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, click NSX Edges.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select 172.17.11.65 as the NSX Manager and double-click the lax01psc01 NSX Edge to manage its network settings.
- Click the Manage tab, click Load Balancer and select Application Profiles.
- Click the Add icon and in the New Profile dialog box, enter the following values and click OK.
Setting Value Value Name psc-tcp psc-https Type TCP HTTPS Enable SSL Passthrough Deselected Selected Persistence Source IP Source IP Expires in (Seconds) 60 60
- Click OK to save the configuration.