Group the monitoring data collected from your vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection (VADP) based backup solution VMs by creating an application in vRealize Operations Manager.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Environment menu and click the Applications tab.
- On the Applications tab, click the Add icon to add an application.
- In the Add Application dialog box, select Custom and click OK.
- In the Application Management dialog box, in the Application text box enter Backup Solution.
- In the Tiers pane, click Add Tier, enter Backup Solution VMs as the Tier Name and click Update.
- In the objects list underneath, enter virtual machines for backup solution in the search box, and press Enter.
- Select the Virtual Machine objects of backup solution and drag them to the Tier Objects pane.
Backup Solution Region A VMs
Backup Solution Region B VMs
VMs for the backup solution in Region A
VMs for the backup solution in Region B
- Click Save.