Validate the configuration by testing the recovery plan for vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
Site Recovery Manager runs the analytics virtual machines and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager on the test network and on a temporary snapshot of replicated data in Region A.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the firstname.lastname@example.org user name and the svc-srm_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
The Test wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
Test failback starts. You can follow the progress on the Recovery Steps page.
- After the test recovery is complete, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.
After the clean-up process finishes, make sure that Plan status shows a Ready state.