In the event of a site failure in Region B, initiate disaster recovery of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager and of vRealize Operations Manager to keep the monitoring functionality of the SDDC running.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Run Recovery Plan icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failback of the analytics cluster of vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
The Recovery wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Recovery wizard, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate the failback of vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
After disaster recovery, the Plan status of the recovery plan changes to Disaster recovery complete.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is up and operates correctly after a failback. See Verification of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is up and functional after the failback. See Verification of vRealize Operations Manager in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
Perform the procedures in chapter Post-Failback Configuration of the SDDC Management Applications.
Prepare vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager for failover by reprotecting the virtual machines of the analytics cluster and the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect the Operations Management Applications.