After you configure the replication for the analytics virtual machines of vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, you create a protection group and include the virtual machines in the protection group. Site Recovery Manager protects the virtual machines together.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and select the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, reauthenticate by using the email@example.com user name and the svc-srm_password password.
Reauthentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Protection Groups tab and click Create Protection Group.
The Create Protection Group wizard appears.
- On the Name and location page, configure the following settings and click Next.
SDDC Operations Management PG
Protection Group for vRealize Operations Manager Cluster and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local - lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local
- On the Protection group type page, configure the following settings and click Next.
Direction of protection
sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local -> lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local
Protection group type
- On the Virtual machines page, select the vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster virtual machines and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance from the list of replicated virtual machines and click Next.
Analytics cluster master node
Analytics cluster master replica node
Analytics cluster data node
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- On the Ready to complete page, review the protection group settings and click Finish.
The SDDC Operations Management PG protection group appears in the list of protection groups in Site Recovery Manager. You use it to assign a recovery plan for the analytics and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual machines.