NSX kernel modules packaged in VIB files run within the hypervisor kernel and provide services such as distributed routing, distributed firewall, and VXLAN bridging capabilities. To use NSX, you must install the NSX kernel modules on the ESXi hosts.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Networking & Security.
- Click Installation and Upgrade and click the Host Preparation tab.
- Select 172.18.11.65 from the NSX Manager drop-down menu.
- Click Actions, then click Install for the nyc01-r01-robo01 cluster, and click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
- Verify that the NSX Installation column displays the NSX version for all hosts in the cluster, confirming that the NSX kernel modules are successfully installed.