The data center environment is now ready for the multi-site deployment of virtual machines using vRealize Automation. Test your environment and confirm the successful provisioning of virtual machines using the blueprints you created to both Region A and ROBO.
Repeat this procedure twice to provision virtual machines in both the Region A and ROBO vCenter Server instances.
Compute vCenter Server
New York City
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Select the Catalog tab, and click Unified Single Machine Catalog from the catalog of available services.
- Click the Request button for the Windows Server 2012 R2 - Unified blueprint.
The New Request window appears.
- Select New York City from the Select a Region drop-down menu and click Submit.
- Verify the request finishes successfully.
- Select the Requests tab.
- Select the request you submitted and wait several minutes for the request to complete.
Click the Refresh icon every few minutes until a Successful message appears under Status.
- Click View Details.
- Under Status Details, verify that the virtual machine successfully provisioned.
- Verify the virtual machine provisions in the ROBO vCenter Server cluster.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in as the vCenter Server administrator using the following credentials.
- Select .
- In the Navigator pane, expand the vCenter Server compute cluster nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local>nyc01-r01dc> VRM, and verify the existence of the virtual machine.
- Repeat this procedure for San Francisco.
- Provision virtual machines to the Region A vCenter Server cluster.
- Verify that the request finishes successfully and that the virtual machine is provisioned in the Region A vCenter Server Compute cluster.
You have successfully performed a cross-region deployment of vRealize Automation single machine blueprints, provisioning virtual machines in both Region A and ROBO.