After you apply the host profile to all hosts, set the storage policy of the virtual machines to the vSAN Default Storage Policy. Set the Platform Services Controller and vCenter Server appliances to the default vSAN storage policy.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Hosts and Clusters.
- Expand the nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local tree.
- Select the nyc01r01vc01 virtual machine.
- Click the Configure tab, click Policies, and click Edit VM Storage Policies.
- In the Edit VM Storage Policies dialog, from the VM storage policy drop-down menu, select vSAN Default Storage Policy, and click Apply to all.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Verify that the Compliance Status column shows a Compliant status for all items in the table.