Time synchronization issues can result in serious problems with your environment. Configure NTP and SSH on the first host. NTP and SSH configuration for the other hosts will take place after the installation of vCenter Server.
- Log in to the vSphere host using the VMware Host Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01esx01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Configure SSH.
- In the Navigator, click Manage, click the Services tab, select the TSM-SSH service, and click the Actions menu. Select Policy and click Start and stop with host.
- Click Start to start the service.
- Configure the NTP Daemon (ntpd).
- In the Navigator, click Manage, click the System tab, click Time & date, and click Edit Settings.
- In the Edit Time configuration dialog box, select the Use Network Time Protocol (enable NTP client) radio button, change the NTP service startup policy to Start and stop with host, and enter ntp.rainpole.local.
- Click Save.
- Start the service by clicking Actions, point to the NTP service, and select Start.