To have a consistent logging configuration across all ESXi hosts, update the host profile in each cluster to accommodate the syslog settings for connection to vRealize Log Insight.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Update the host profile for the ROBO cluster.
- From the Home menu, select Policies and Profiles.
- In the Navigator pane, clickHost Profiles.
- Right-click nyc01-r01hp-mgmt01 and select Copy Settings from Host.
- Select nyc01r01esx01.rainpole.local and click OK.
- Verify that the syslog host settings have been updated.
- On the Host Profiles page in the Navigator pane, click nyc01-r01hp-mgmt01.
- On the Configure tab, click Settings.
- In the Filter search box, enter Syslog.global.logHost.
- Select the Syslog.global.logHost entry from the results list and verify that value of the option is
- Verify the compliance of the hosts in the ROBO cluster.
- From the Home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Click the nyc01-r01-robo01 cluster, click the Monitor tab, and click Profile Compliance.
- Click the Check Compliance Now button.
- Verify that all hosts are compliant with the attached profile.