vSAN disk groups must be created on each host that is contributing storage to the vSAN datastore.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, select Hosts and Clusters and expand the nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local tree.
- Click the nyc01-r01-robo01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Disk Management.
- Select nyc01r01esx02.rainpole.local and click the Create a New Disk Group button.
- In the Create Disk Group window, select a flash disk for the cache tier, two hard disk drives for the capacity tier and click OK.
- Repeat Step 5 and Step 6 for nyc01r01esx03.rainpole.local and nyc01r01esx04.rainpole.local.
- Assign a license to vSAN.
- Right Click the nyc01-r01-robo01 cluster and select Assign License.
- In the nyc01-r01-robo01- Assign License window, select the previously added Virtual SAN License and click OK.