In vSphere, create a user role with privileges that are required for collecting data about storage devices in vRealize Operations Manager.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01r01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Home page of the vSphere Web Client, under Administration click Roles.
- Create a new role for collecting storage device data.
- On the Roles page, click the Create role action icon.
- In the Create Role dialog box, configure the role using the following configuration settings, and click OK.
MPSD Metrics User
Host.Configuration.Storage partition configuration
Profile-driven storage.Profile-driven storage view
This role inherits the System.Anonymous, System.View, and System.Read privileges.