A firewall rule consists of a section to segregate the firewall rules and the rule itself, which defines what network traffic is blocked or allowed.
You create firewall rules that allow administrators to connect to the different VMware solutions, rules to allow user access to the vRealize Automation portal, and to provide external connectivity to the SDDC.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Networking & Security and click Firewall.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select 172.16.11.65.
- Create a distributed firewall rule to allow administrative access to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager user.
Service / Port
Allow vRSLCM to Admins
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- In the VMware Management Services section, click Add rule.
- In the Name cell, click the Edit icon to change the rule name to Allow vRSLCM to Admins.
- Click the Edit icon in the Source column, change the Object Type to Security Groups, add Administrators to the Selected Objects list, and click OK.
- Click the Edit icon in the Destination column, change the Object Type to Security Groups, add vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to the Selected Objects list, and click OK.
- Click the Edit icon in the Service column, enter HTTPS in the filter, add HTTPS to the Selected Objects list, and click OK.
- Click Publish Changes.