After you complete the upgrade of the vRealize Business for Cloud server virtual appliance, upgrade the region-specific vRealize Business data collector virtual appliances by using the appliance management interface.
You can update the two vRealize Business data collectors in Region A and Region B sequentially or in parallel.
Mount the upgrade.iso file, vRealize-Business-for-Cloud-7.4.x.xxx-build_number-updaterepo.iso, on both the sfo01vrbc01 and lax01vrbc01 virtual appliances.
- Log in to the appliance management interface of the vRealize Business for Cloud data collector virtual appliance.
- Open a browser and go https://sfo01vrbc01.sfo01.rainpole.local:5480.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the Update tab and click Settings.
- Under the Update Repository section, select the Use CD-ROM Updates radio button and click Save Settings.
- Click Status and click Check Updates to load the update from the upgrade .iso file.
- Verify that the update listed in Available Updates matches the version in this VMware Validated Design and click Install Updates.
After a successful upgrade, the appliance automatically restarts.
- Repeat this step on the other vRealize Business data collector virtual appliance.
What to do next
Post-upgrade, verify that vRealize Business data collectors are operational.