Log in to the VAMI console interface of the primary vRealize Automation appliance and configure the Log Insight agent. This setting propagates to the other vRealize Automation appliances in the cluster.
Agent configuration for the vRealize Automation appliances includes the following tasks:
In the management interface of the vRealize Automation appliances, enable log forwarding to vRealize Log Insight.
Create an agent group for configuring log forwarding from the vRealize Automation modules on the appliances.
Create an agent group for configuring log forwarding from the operating system of the appliances.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- Create the agent group for vRealize Automation appliances on vRealize Log Insight.
- From the drop-down menu on the top, select vRealize Automation 7 - Linux from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template at the bottom of the page.
- In the Copy Agent Group dialog box, enter vRA - Appliance Agent Group in the name text box and click Copy.
- In the agent filter text boxes, enter the following values pressing Enter after each host name.
- Click Refresh Data and verify that all the hosts in the filter appear in the Agents list.
- Click Save New Group at the bottom of the page.
- To verify the configuration, click the Dashboards tab, under the VMware - vRA 7.3 category click General - Overview.
The dashboard shows log data from the components of the vRealize Automation Appliances.