Verify that you can authenticate to vCenter Server using the email@example.com system account.
Authenticating with a local system account verifies that the vCenter Server and external Platform Services Controllers are configured correctly and that there are no communication issues between systems.
You can successfully authenticate using the firstname.lastname@example.org system account and have visibility of all vCenter Servers and their inventories with administrative access.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- In the Navigator pane, verify that all four vCenter Server instances are present in the list.
This operation validates that the Enhanced Linked Mode is intact and active for all vCenter Server instances.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: