Verify that you can authenticate to vCenter Server using a service account configured in Active Directory.
Authenticating with a service account configured in Active Directory verifies that the Platform Services Controllers are configured with the Active Directory Domain as an identity source and that permissions within vCenter Server are correctly assigned.
You can successfully authenticate using a service account and have visibility of all vCenter Servers and their inventories with the appropriate user access.
- Log into vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- In the Navigator pane, verify that all four vCenter Server instances are present in the list.
This operation validates that the Enhanced Linked Mode is intact and active for all vCenter Server instances.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: