Verify that virtual machine communication is operational, and virtual machines residing on different ESXi hosts can communicate with each other.
Ensures that the virtual network interfaces are up on the hosts and can carry traffic, and that the physical network has correctly configured IGMP for hybrid replication mode.
Virtual machines on the same VXLAN can communicate with each other while residing on separate hosts.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Expand the entire sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Right-click the sfo01vrli01a virtual appliance and select Open Console.
- Press ALT+F1 to switch to the command prompt.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight appliance using the following credentials.
- Run the
pingcommand to verify the communication to other VMs in the VXLAN network.
ping from sfo01vrli01a to sfo01vrli01b
ping from sfo01vrli01a to vrops01svr01bNote:
The test assumes that appliances are running on separate hosts.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: