Verify the operational status of the vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection (VADP) based backup solution after you perform a software maintenance operation.
Verifying the operational status of vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection (VADP) based backup solution validates the correct configuration.
You can confirm that a backup of the Management cluster has occurred in the past 24 hours.
- Verify that the VADP-based backup solution is registered with the Management vCenter Server.
- Verify that all the services are correctly running on the storage solution.
- Verify that any proxies that have been deployed from the VADP-based backup solution are registered and running.
- Verify that sufficient space has been allocated for the Management cluster applications.
Consult the sizing guide for an estimate on the initial deployment size of the validated design.
- Verify that the VADP-based backup solution has successfully taken backups of the Management cluster in the past 24 hours.