To ensure that the two NSX-Т Edge appliances run on different ESXi hosts, create a DRS VM-host anti-affinity rule. If a failure occurs on one of the hosts, the appliance on the other host continues providing routing services.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Hosts and Clusters inventory, expand the sfo01w02vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree and expand the sfo01-w02dc tree.
- Select the sfo01-w02-shared01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- Under Configuration, select VM/Host Rules and click Add.
- In the sfo01-w02-shared01- Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, enter the following settings and click Add.
Separate Virtual Machines
- In the Add Rule Member dialog box, select the check boxes next to sfo01wesg01 and sfo01wesg02, and click OK.
- In the sfo01-w02-shared01- Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, click OK.