After you configure the ESXi hosts in the shared edge and compute cluster as transport nodes, the NSX-T infrastructure starts handling the system and virtual machine traffic to the hosts. You can remove the hosts from the vSphere Distributed Switch.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Networking inventory, expand the sfo01w02vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Expand the sfo01-w02dc data center object.
- Right-click the sfo01-w02-vds01 vSphere Distributed Switch and select Add and Manage Hosts.
- In the sfo01-w02-vds01 - Add and Manage Hosts wizard, select Remove hosts and click Next.
- Click Attached Hosts, select all hosts in the shared edge and compute cluster, click OK, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.