Assign a license key to the Compute vCenter Server for the workload domain to use its features in production. If the capacity of the licenses for vCenter Server and ESXi is insufficient to license the new instances, add new licenses to the inventory of the License Service.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- From the Menu menu, select Administration.
- On the Administration page, select Licenses.
- If the capacity of the available licenses is not sufficient to license the nodes of the workload domain, add the licenses to the inventory of the License Service.
- On the Licenses tab, clickAdd New Licenses.
- On the Enter license keys page, enter the license keys for vCenter Server and ESXi on separate lines, and click Next.
- On the Edit license name page, enter a descriptive name for the license key, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review your entries, and click Finish.
- Assign the licenses to the Compute vCenter Server for the workload domain.
- Click the Assets tab and click vCenter Server systems.
- Select the sfo01w02vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server instance, and click the Assign License icon.
- Select the license for the Compute vCenter Server and click OK.