Configure Update Manager to use the vSphere Update Manager Download Service (UMDS) shared repository as a centralized source for downloading ESXi patches, extensions, and notifications.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- From the Menu, select Update Manager.
- Select sfo01w02vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local from the drop-down menu.
- Click Settings and select .
- Click Change Download Source and select Download patches from a UMDS shared repository.
- In the Url text box, enter https://sfo01umds01.sfo01.rainpole.local and click Save.
- Click the Updates tab and click Download Now.
A new task Download patch definitions with a Completed status appears in the Recent Tasks pane.