If the NSX-T Manager cluster for the workload domain becomes unavailable, deploy another NSX-T Manager cluster and use a backup to import the configuration.
You restore the following configuration:
- State of the network
- Configuration that is maintained by the NSX-T Manager cluster
After you restore the NSX-T Manager cluster, you must apply again the changes, such as adding or deleting nodes, made to the fabric after the backup is taken.
- Power off the original NSX-T Manager appliances and deploy a new NSX-T Manager cluster.
The new and original NSX-T Manager cluster appliances must have the same product version and the management IP addresses.
- Log in to the user interface of NSX-T Manager.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01wnsx01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password compnsx_admin_password
- On the main navigation bar, click System.
- In the navigation page, select Backup & Restore.
- On the Restore tab, click Edit.
- On the File Server page, enter the following values and click Save.
Backup encryption passphrase
Leave blank to fetch fingerprint automatically.
- Select a backup and click Restore.