To establish a trusted connection to the user Skyline Collector user interface in Region B, you replace the SSL certificate for the Skyline Collector application with a custom certificate. The custom certificate is signed by the certificate authority available on the parent Active Directory or on the intermediate Active Directory.
- On the Windows machine that you use to generate certificates, in the C:\CertGenVVD-version\SignedByMSCACerts folder, duplicate the files generated by using the VMware Validated Design Certificate Generation Utility under new file names.
File Type Original File Name New File Name Certificate lax01sky01.2.chain.pem server.pem
- Log in to the Skyline Collector virtual appliance by using a Secure Shell (SSH) client.
- Open an SSH connection to lax01sky01.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name root Password skyline_root_password
- By using SCP software such as WinSCP, copy and overwrite the existing server.pem file in the /opt/vmware/etc/lighttpd/ directory on the appliance with the generated CA-signed certificate file.
- Restart the VAMI service by running the following command.
- After restarting the service, verify that the certificate is updated on the Skyline Collector user interface.
- Close any open Web browser windows.
- Open a Web browser window and go to https://lax01sky01.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Verify that you see the new certificate in the Web browser.