To give the Skyline Collector instances rights to collect data from the vSphere endpoints, first create a user role with the required minimum privileges on the vCenter Server instances in the SDDC.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- On the Home page of the vSphere Client, in the navigation pane, select Administration.
- On the Administration page, select Roles.
- Create a role for the Skyline Collector instances.
- From the Roles provider drop-down menu, select sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Select Read-only and click the Clone role action icon.
You clone the Read-only role because it includes the, , and privileges. The Skyline Collector instances require these privileges to collect information from the vCenter Server endpoint in each workload domain and the vSphere infrastructure components.
- In the Clone Role dialog box, enter the name of the role and click OK.
Skyline Collector User
- To grant the Skyline Collector instances access to license data in vSphere, assign the
privilege to the role.
- From the list of Roles, select the Skyline Collector User role.
- Click the Edit role action icon.
- On the Edit Role dialog box, select Global in the left pane and select Licenses in the right pane.
- Click Next and click Finish.
The Skyline Collector user role is propagated to the other linked vCenter Server instances.