vRealize Operations Manager communicates with all management components in all regions of the SDDC to collect metrics which are presented through a number of dashboards and views.
In the Consolidated SDDC, you deploy a vRealize Operations Manager configuration that consists of the following entities.
- 1-node medium-size vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster. This topology provides the ability to add high availability, scale-out capacity up to sixteen nodes, and failover.
- 1 standard remote collector node. The remote collectors communicate directly with the vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster. The design uses remote collectors whose role is to ease scalability by performing the data collection for localized applications and periodically sending collected data to the analytics cluster.
The vRealize Operations Manager nodes run on the consolidated cluster. For information about the types of clusters, see Workload Domain Architecture for Consolidated SDDC.
vRealize Operations Manager collects data from the following virtual infrastructure and cloud management components.
- Virtual Infrastructure
- Platform Services Controller
- vCenter Server
- ESXi hosts
- NSX Manager
- NSX Controller instances
- NSX Edges
- Shared storage
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Automation Appliance
- vRealize IaaS Web Server
- vRealize IaaS Management Server
- vRealize IaaS DEM
- vRealize IaaS Proxy Agents
- Microsoft SQL Server
- vRealize Business for Cloud
- vRealize Business Server
- vRealize Business Data Collectors
- vRealize Log Insight