You validate the JSON deployment files vvd-std-rega-mgmt.json for the management cluster and vvd-std-rega-comp.json for the shared edge and compute cluster. In case any of the tests fail, you must remediate any errors and perform the validation process again. Additional information can be found in the audit log file.
Cloud Builder Component
- Log in to VMware Cloud Builder.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01cb01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password cloudbuilder_admin_password
- In the Cloud BuilderNavigator, click the Deployment Wizard icon.
- Select the Validate Environment tab.
- From the Select File to Validate drop-down menu, select the vvd-std-rega-mgmt.json file and click Validate.
- If validation fails because of issues with the signed certificate files, resolve the issues and reupload the modified certificate files.
- Upload the modified certificate files to the Cloud Builder appliance using an SCP software like WinSCP.
- Open an SSH connection to sfo01cb01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Run the following command.
When prompted, enter the cloudbuilder_root_password.
- If validation fails with an user input errors message, remediate the Deployment Parameters XLS file.
- In the Upload Config File tab, from the Select Architecture Type drop-down menu, select the VVD for SDDC Region A architecture and click the Upload Config File button.
- Navigate to the updated Deployment Parameters XLS file and click Open.
- On the Overwrite Existing JSON File(s)dialog box, select Yes.
- Select the Validate Environment tab, from the Select File to Validate drop-down menu, select the vvd-std-rega-mgmt.json file and click Validate.
The vvd-std-rega-mgmt.json file is successfully validated against the predefined run parameters.
- Click the Back button, from the Select File to Validate drop-down menu, select the vvd-std-rega-comp.json file and click Validate
The vvd-std-rega-comp.json file is successfully validated against the predefined run parameters.
What to do next
After successful validation of vvd-std-rega-mgmt.json and vvd-std-rega-comp.json files, click Next to start the deployment of the management cluster.