Install ESXi on all hosts in the management and the shared edge and computeclusters interactively.
Repeat this procedure for all hosts in the management and shared edge and compute clusters. Enter the respective values from the prerequisites section for each host that you configure. See Prerequisites for Installation of ESXi Hosts in Region A.
- Power on the
- Mount the USB drive containing the ESXi ISO file and boot from that USB drive.
- On the Welcome to the VMware 6.7 U1 Installation screen, press Enter to start the installation.
- On the End User License Agreement (EULA) screen, press F11 to accept the EULA.
- On the Select a Disk to Install or Upgrade screen, select the USB drive under local storage to install ESXi and press Enter to continue.
- Select the keyboard layout and press Enter.
- Enter the esxi_root_user_password, enter the password a second time to confirm the spelling and press Enter.
- On the Confirm Install screen, press F11 to start the installation.
- After the installation completes successfully, unmount the USB drive and press Enter to reboot the host.