After the initial boot, use the ESXi Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) for initial host network configuration and administrative access.
Perform the following tasks to configure the host network settings:
- Configure the network adapter (vmk0) and VLAN ID for the Management Network.
- Configure the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS server, and FQDN for the ESXi host.
Repeat this procedure for all hosts in the management and shared edge and compute clusters. Enter the respective values from the prerequisites section for each host that you configure. See Prerequisites for Installation of ESXi Hosts in Region A.
- Open the DCUI on the sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local ESXi host.
- Open a console window to the host.
- Press F2 to enter the DCUI.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name root Password esxi_root_user_password
- Configure the network.
- Select Configure Management Network and press Enter.
- Select VLAN (Optional) and press Enter.
- Enter 1611 as the VLAN ID for the Management Network and press Enter.
- Select IPv4 Configuration and press Enter.
- Configure the IPv4 network using the following settings and press Enter.
Setting Value Set static IPv4 address and network configuration Selected IPv4 Address 172.16.11.101 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 172.16.11.253
- Select DNS Configuration and press Enter.
- Configure DNS using the following settings and press Enter.
Setting Value Use the following DNS Server address and hostname Selected Primary DNS Server 172.16.11.5 Alternate DNS Server 172.16.11.4 Hostname sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local
- Select Custom DNS Suffixes and press Enter.
- Ensure that there are no suffixes listed and press Enter.
- Press Escape to exit and press Y to confirm the changes.