Complete the initial configuration of all ESXi hosts by enabling the TSM-SSH service. You then configure the NTP service to avoid time synchronization issues in the SDDC.
Repeat this procedure for all hosts in the management and shared edge and compute clusters. See Prerequisites for Installation of ESXi Hosts in Region A.
- Log in to the vSphere host by using the VMware Host Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name root Password esxi_root_user_password
- Configure and start the TSM-SSH service.
- In the Navigator, click Manage and click the Services tab.
- Select the TSM-SSH service, and click the Actions menu.
- Select Policy and click Start and stop with host.
- Click Start to start the service.
- Configure and start the NTP service.
- In the Navigator, click Manage, click the System tab.
- Click Time & date and click Edit Settings.
- In the Edit time configuration dialog box, select the Use Network Time Protocol (enable NTP client) radio button, change the NTP service startup policy to Start and stop with host, and in the NTP servers text box, enter ntp.sfo01.rainpole.local,ntp.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Click Save.
- Start the service by clicking Actions, select NTP service, and click Start.