You can configure new data center locations and resources in the Compute Resource menu of the vRealize Automation deployment selection screen, allowing you to more easily select new compute resources for deployment. To add a new location to the Compute Resource menu, you edit an XML file on the vRealize Automation server.
Perform this procedure for both vra01iws01a and vra01iws01b IaaS Web server virtual machines.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- Open a VM console to the IaaS Web server virtual machine vra01iws01a, and log in using administrator credentials.
- Add the data centers for the two regions of the SDDC.
- Open the C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VCAC\Server\Website\XmlData\DataCenterLocations.xml file in a text editor.
- Update the Data Name and Description attributes to use the following settings.
Data Name Description SFO San Francisco data center LAX Los Angeles data center
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the vra01iws01a virtual machine.
Wait until the virtual machine restarts and is successfully running.
- Repeat this procedure for the vra01iws01b virtual machine.