vRealize Operations Manager communicates with all management components in all regions of the SDDC to collect metrics which are presented through a number of dashboards and views.
In a multi-region SDDC, you deploy a vRealize Operations Manager configuration that consists of the following entities.
- 3-node (medium-size) vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster that is highly available (HA). This topology provides high availability, scale-out capacity up to sixteen nodes, and failover.
- Group of 2 remote collector nodes in each region. The remote collectors communicate directly with the data nodes in the vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster. Use two remote collectors in each region for load balancing and fault tolerance.
Each region contains its own pair of remote collectors whose role is to ease scalability by performing the data collection from the applications that are not a subject to failover and periodically sending collected data to the analytics cluster. You fail over the analytics cluster only because the analytics cluster is the construct that analyzes and stores monitoring data.
This configuration supports failover of the analytics cluster by using Site Recovery Manager. In the event of a disaster, Site Recovery Manager migrates the analytics cluster nodes to the failover region.
The vRealize Operations Manager nodes run on the management cluster in each region of SDDC. For information about the types of clusters, see Workload Domain Architecture.
vRealize Operations Manager collects data from the following virtual infrastructure and cloud management components.
- Virtual Infrastructure
- Platform Services Controller instances
- vCenter Server instances
- ESXi hosts
- NSX Manager instances
- NSX Controller instances
- NSX Edge instances
- Shared storage
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Automation Appliance
- vRealize IaaS Web Server
- vRealize IaaS Management Server
- vRealize IaaS DEM
- vRealize IaaS Proxy Agents
- Microsoft SQL Server
- vRealize Business for Cloud
- vRealize Business Server
- vRealize Business Data Collectors
- vRealize Log Insight
- Site Recovery Manager