Before you upgrade the functional layers of the SDDC, verify that your existing VMware Validated Design environment meets certain general prerequisites.
- Verify that your environment implementation follows exactly the software bill of materials for the previous release.
- Examine the release notes for each product version included in the updated software bill of materials for the design.
- Examine the VMware Validated Design Planning and Preparation documentation and the individual prerequisites for each product. Address any hardware or software requirements that might impact the upgrade.
- Verify that your server hardware has been certified with vSphere 6.7 Update 1. For more information, see the VMware Compatibility Guide.
- Verify that your VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection-based backup solution has been certified with vSphere 6.7 Update 1. For more information, contact your backup solution vendor.
- Review all custom integrations developed and deployed externally from the VMware Validated Design framework to ensure compatibility with product versions in the updated software bill of materials, such as vRealize Orchestrator workflows.
- Review all third-party product integrations in your environment to ensure compatibility with the product versions in the updated software bill of materials.