Update the identity of your SDDC deployment on the Compute vCenter Server in Region A. You can use this identity as a label in tools for automated SDDC deployment.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- From the Menu of the vSphere Client, select Global Inventory Lists.
- Click vCenter Servers.
- Click the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server object and click the Configure tab in the central pane.
- Under the Settings pane, click Advanced Settings and click the Edit button.
- In the Edit Advanced vCenter Server Settings dialog box, configure the following properties and click OK.
- Search for the config.SDDC.Deployed.Version property and change its value from 4.3.0 to 5.0.
- Add the
Name Value config.SDDC.Deployed.Type VVD config.SDDC.Deployed.Flavor Standard config.SDDC.Deployed.Version 5.0 config.SDDC.Deployed.WorkloadDomain SharedEdgeAndCompute config.SDDC.Deployed.Method DIY config.SDDC.Deployed.InstanceId unique_identifier*Note: * Use the unique_identifier you generated for the Management vCenter Server. See Set SDDC Deployment Details on the Management vCenter Server in in Region A.
- Click OK to close the window.