Before the upgrade, you take a snapshot of each vRealize Log Insight virtual machine in the environment. If you must do a rollback of vRealize Log Insight to the previous state, use these snapshots to perform the rollback operation.
Virtual Machine Name
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client/.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- Take a snapshot for each vRealize Log Insight node.
- From the Home menu, select VMs and Templates.
- In the Navigator, expand sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local>sfo01-m01dc>sfo01-m01fd-vrli
- Right-click sfo01vrli01a and select .
- In the Take VM Snapshot dialog box, enter the following settings and click OK.
VMware Validated Design 5.0 Operations Management Layer Upgrade
Snapshot the virtual machine's memory
Quiesce guest file system (Needs VMware Tools installed)
- Repeat this step for the remaining vRealize Log Insight virtual machines in Region A.
- Verify that the snapshots for each vRealize Log Insight virtual machine are successfully created.