Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is sending syslog data to the vRealize Log Insight cluster.
Validating agent communication between the vRealize Operations Manager virtual appliances and the vRealize Log Insight cluster ensures that the agent is configured correctly and that there is a network connectivity between the two solutions.
Each vRealize Operations Manager virtual appliance is listed in the vRealize Log Insight agent list and has an Active status.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password vrli_admin_password
- Click the configuration drop-down menu , and click Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the All Agents drop-down menu, select vROPs - Appliance Agent Group.
- Verify that each vRealize Operations Manager virtual appliance is listed and shows status as Active.
- Repeat this procedure and validate for the lax01vrli01.lax01.rainpole.local vRealize Log Insight cluster.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: