Verify the recovery plan for the operations management layer.
Performing a test recovery of the operations management recovery plan ensures that the virtual machines are being replicated correctly and the power on order is accurate with the correct timeout values and dependencies. Site Recovery Manager runs the analytic cluster nodes and the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager on an isolated test network using a temporary snapshot of replicated data while performing test recovery.
You can successfully complete the test recovery scenario for the operations management recovery plan.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- From the Home menu, select Site Recovery.
- Click Open Site Recovery for the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site.
A new Site Recovery page opens for the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site.
- If you are logging in for the first time, enter the following credentials and click Login.
- On the Site Recovery page, click the number link next to Recovery Plans.
- On the Recovery Plans page, click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Test wizard, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
- Click the Recovery Steps tab and follow the progress of the test recovery.
- After the test recovery completes, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.
If the protected vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual machines are located in Region B, log in to the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server and follow the procedure.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: