Create a custom group for all management applications to monitor the health of the entire application stack as opposed to the individual virtual machine health.
- In a Web browser, log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
Setting Value URL https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local User name admin Password vrops_admin_password
- On the main navigation bar, click Environment and click the Custom groups tab.
- On the Custom groups tab, click the Add icon to add a custom group.
The New group dialog box opens.
- In the Name text box, enter SDDC Management.
- From the Group type drop-down menu, select Function.
- Expand the Define membership criteria section.
- To add the vRealize Automation objects, from the Select the object type that matches all of the following criteria drop-down menu, select .
- Click Add another criteria set and repeat Step 7 to add each of the following object types for the remaining management applications in the SDDC.
- Expand the Objects to always include section.
- Add the following application objects.
- Under Filtered objects, select Applications.
- Select vRealize Log Insight, to add the application objects to the Objects to always include list on the right, click the Add button.
- Add the rest of the application objects.
Site Recovery Manager
vRealize Log Insight
vRealize Operations Manager
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- Click OK.