Configure Update Manager to use the vSphere Update Manager Download Service (UMDS) shared repository as a centralized source for downloading ESXi patches, extensions, and notifications.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- From the Menu, select Update Manager.
- From the Update manager drop-down menu, select sfo01w02vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Click Settings and select .
- Click Change Download Source and select Download patches from a UMDS shared repository.
- In the Url text box, enter https://sfo01umds01.sfo01.rainpole.local and click Save.
- Click the Updates tab and click Download now.
A new task Download patch definitions with a Completed status appears in the Recent Tasks pane.