To ensure that the two NSX-Т Edge appliances run on different ESXi hosts in VMware Cloud Foundation, create a vSphere DRS VM-host anti-affinity rule. If a failure occurs on one of the hosts, the appliance on the other host continues providing routing services.
Because you allocate an NSX-T Edge pair to each availability zone, you configure a rule for each zone.You repeat this procedure twice to create the anti-affinity rules for both availability zones.
|Setting||Value for Availability Zone 1||Value for Availability Zone 2|
|Type||Separate Virtual Machines||Separate Virtual Machines|
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Hosts and Clusters inventory, expand the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree and expand the sfo01-w01dc tree.
- Select the sfo01-w01-shared01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- In the Configuration section, select VM/Host rules and click Add.
- In the sfo01-w01-shared01- Create VM/Host rule dialog box, configure the settings for Availability Zone 1 and click Add.
Setting Value Name anti-affinity-rule-az1-ecmpedges Enable rule Selected Type Separate Virtual Machines
- In the Add rule member dialog box, select sfo01wesg01 and sfo01wesg02, and click OK.
- In the sfo01-w01-shared01- Create VM/Host rule dialog box, click OK.
- Repeat this procedure to create the anti-affinity rule for Availability Zone 2.