In VMware Cloud Foundation, after you deploy the NSX-T Edge appliances in the NSX-T workload domain cluster, to connect them to the NSX-T Manager cluster, join them to the management plane.
|Setting||Value for sfo01wesg01||Value for sfo01wesg02||Value for sfo02wesg01||Value for sfo02wesg02|
|Primary IP Address||172.16.41.21||172.16.41.22||172.16.61.21||172.16.61.22|
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the VMs and templates inventory, expand the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree and expand the sfo01-m01dc data center.
- Expand the sfo01-m01fd-nsx folder.
- Start the Secure Shell (SSH) service on the first NSX-T Manager node.
- In in the inventory tree, select the sfo01wnsx01a appliance and click Launch Remote Console.
- Log in by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password nsx_admin_password
- In the remote console window, run the following command.
start service ssh
- Log in to the first NSX-T Manager node by using an SSH client.
Setting Value FQDN sfo01wnsx01a.sfo01.rainpole.local User name admin Password nsx_admin_password
- Save the thumbprint ID of the certificate for the NSX-T Manager cluster by running and copying the output from the following command.
get certificate cluster thumbprint
- In the remote console to the NSX-T Manager, stop the SSH service by running the following command.
stop service ssh
- Log in to the first NSX-T Edge node by using an SSH client.
Setting Value FQDN sfo01wesg01.sfo01.rainpole.local User name admin Password edge_admin_password
- Join the NSX-T Edge node to the management plane by running the following command.
join management-plane sfo01wnsx01.sfo01.rainpole.local thumbprint thumbprint_id username admin
- Enter the password for the admin account.
- Repeat Step 8 to Step 10 for the remaining NSX-T Edge appliances.