In VMware Cloud Foundation, after you add the ESXi hosts for Availability Zone 2 to the workload domain cluster, you create additional port groups on the vSphere Distributed Switch for the management, vSphere vMotion, and vSAN traffic. This switch handles traffic until you migrate the hosts to the N-VDS instance for the cluster.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Networking inventory, expand the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree and expand the sfo01-w01dc data center.
- Right-click the sfo01-w01-vds01 distributed switch, and select .
- Create the port groups for system traffic for the ESXi hosts in Availability Zone 2 on the sfo01-w01-vds01 distributed switch and click Next.
Port Group Name Port Binding VLAN Type VLAN ID sfo02-w01-vds01-management Ephemeral VLAN 1661 sfo02-w01-vds01-vmotion Ephemeral VLAN 1662 sfo02-w01-vds01-vsan Ephemeral VLAN 1663
- On the Ready to complete page, review the configuration and click Finish.
- Repeat this procedure to create the remaining port groups.