You upload product binaries to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager repository and map the binaries by using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI.
|Product||Binary File Name|
|VMware vRealize Operations Manager 8.1||vRealize-Operations-Manager-Appliance-8.1.0.build_number_OVF10.ova|
|VMware vRealize Log Insight 8.1.1||VMware-vRealize-Log-Insight-126.96.36.199-build_number_OVF10.ova|
Alternatively, if your organization does not restrict external access on the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance, you can download the product binaries for install and upgrade by using a registration of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager with a My VMware account. See Register the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Instance with My VMware.
- Download the vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Log Insight product binary files to your host machine.
- Use an SCP client, such as WinSCP, to transfer the .ova files to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance by using these values.
Settings Values Host name vrslcm01svr01.rainpole.local User name root Password vrslcm_root_password Upload folder location /data
- In a Web browser, log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager by using the administration interface.
Setting Value URL https://vrslcm01svr01.rainpole.local User name admin@local Password vrslcm_admin_password
- On the My services page, click Lifecycle operations.
- In the navigation pane, click Settings.
- Under Servers & accounts, click Binary mapping.
- On the Product binaries tab, click Add binaries.
- For the Location type menu item, select the Local radio button.
- In the Base location text box, enter /data and click Discover.
You can see a list of the supported products and versions for which you uploaded the binary files to the /data folder.
- For each product, select the Install type of binary and click Add.
You submitted a product source mapping request for each product binary.
- In the navigation pane, click Requests and monitor the Product source mapping request for each product.
The status of each product source mapping request transitions from Inprogress to Completed.