Set the retention notification threshold to one week. Enable data archiving, so that you can manually archive logs for 90 days and selectively clean the datastore when free space is required.
- In a Web browser, log in to vRealize Log Insight by using the user interface.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local User name admin Password vrli_admin_password
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click Administration.
- Configure notification about reaching a retention threshold of one week.
- In the left pane, under Configuration, click General.
- On the General configuration page, in the Alerts panel, enter these values.
Email system notifications to
Retention notification threshold
Select Send a notification when capacity drops below
Set 1 week(s) of data in the system
- Click Save.
vRealize Log Insight continuously estimates how long data can be retained with the currently available pool of storage.
If the estimation drops below the retention threshold of one week, vRealize Log Insight immediately notifies the administrator that the amount of searchable log data is likely to drop.
- Configure data archiving.
- In the left pane, under Configuration, click Archiving.
- Turn on the Enable data archiving toggle switch.
- In the Archive location text box, enter the path in the form of nfs://nfs_server_address/sfo01vrli01_archive to an NFS partition where logs are to be archived.
- Click Test to verify that the share is accessible.
- Click Save.