To protect the vRealize Log Insight virtual machines from a host-level failure, configure vSphere DRS to run the virtual machines on different hosts in the first cluster in the management domain.
Use an anti-affinity rule for the vRealize Log Insight virtual machines. This rule configuration accommodates the case when you place a host from the management cluster in maintenance mode.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Hosts and clusters inventory, expand the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree and expand the sfo01-m01dc data center.
- Select the sfo01-m01-mgmt01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- In the left pane, select .
- Click Add VM/host rule, enter the values for the anti-affinity rule, and click OK.
Separate Virtual Machines
MembersClick Add VM/host rule member, select the vRealize Log Insight nodes, and click OK.