To migrate the virtual machines of vRealize Automation from Region B to back to Region A under planned circumstances, run the recovery plan for the cloud management applications in Site Recovery Manager from Region B.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Settings Value URL https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Site Recovery inventory, on the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local site pane, click Open Site Recovery.
The Site Recovery page opens.
- Log in to the VMware Site Recovery Manager user interface by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_passwordNote: Authentication is required if the connection between the protected and the recovery sites has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local to sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site pair pane, click View details.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Recovery plans tab and, in the left pane, navigate to .
- To initiate failback as planned migration of the Cloud Management Platform, click the Recovery steps tab and click Run.
The Recovery - SDDC Cloud Management RP wizard opens.
- On the Confirmation options page, configure the settings for planned migration and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
- During planned migration, execution of the recovery plan pauses after powering on priority 1 virtual machines and priority 2 virtual machines. Perform the steps in KB article 74879 and, on the User prompt dialog box, click Dismiss to resume the planned migration.
What to do next
- Verify that vRealize Automation virtual machines are operational. See Operational Verification of the Cloud Management Layer in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation. If vRealize Automation is not operational, restart the vRealize Automation virtual machines. See SDDC Startup and Shutdown in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
- Prepare vRealize Automation for failover by reprotecting their virtual machines in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect the Cloud Management Platform for VMware Cloud Foundation.