During failover of the SDDC management applications to Region B, the universal NSX components for dynamic routing are deployed in Region B. If a site failure occurs in Region B, the management applications might lose connectivity if you fail them back to Region A right away. Deploy and configure a control VM for the universal dynamic logical router sfo01m01udlr01 in Region A to restore dynamic routing for the management applications.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Networking and security inventory, click NSX Edges.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select 172.16.11.65 .
- Redeploy the control VM of the universal distributed logical router.
- Click the edge link of sfo01m01udlr01.
- Click the Configure tab and, in the left pane, click Appliance settings.
- In the Edge appliance VMs section, click the Add icon in the edge appliance card.
- In the Add Edge appliance VM dialog box, configure the settings and click Add.
Setting Value Data center sfo01-m01dc Cluster/Resource Pool sfo01-m01-mgmt01 Datastore sfo01-m01-vsan01
- Repeat this step to deploy a second NSX Edge appliance with the same configuration.
- Configure high availability for the control VMs of the universal distributed logical router.
- On the Configure tab for sfo01m01udlr01, in the left pane, click High availability.
- In the to Management/HA interface section, click Edit, set Connected to to sfo01-m01-vds01-management and click Save.
- In the High availability configuration section, click Edit, configure the settings and click Save.
Setting Value HA Status Enable Declare Dead Time 15 Logging Enable Log Level Info
- Configure the credentials for running commands on the control VMs of the universal logical router.
- From the Actions menu at the top of the sfo01m01udlr01 page, select Change CLI credentials.
- In the Change CLI credentials dialog box, configure the settings and click OK.
Setting Value User Name admin Password udlr_admin_password Confirm Password udlr_admin_password