Validate the configuration for failover of vRealize Automation by testing the recovery plan for the cloud management applications in advance.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Site Recovery inventory, on the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site pane, click Open Site Recovery.
The Site Recovery page opens.
- Log in to the VMware Site Recovery Manager user interface by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_passwordNote: Authentication is required if the connection between the protected and the recovery sites has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local to lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local site pair pane, click View details.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Recovery plans tab and, in the left pane, navigate to .
- Click the Recovery steps tab, and click the Test button.
The Test - SDDC Operations Management RP dialog box opens.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate the test recovery.
Because recovered virtual machines are using the test network, VMware Tools on the vra01svr01a, vra01svr01b, and vra01svr01c virtual machines might not start within the default timeout. In the recovery plan, increase the startup delay for VMware Tools for these virtual machines to complete the test.
- To resume the recovery plan test, on the User prompt dialog box, click Dismiss.
- After the test recovery process finishes, to clean up all the created test virtual machines, click the Cleanup button.
The Cleanup - SDDC Operations Management RP dialog box opens.
- On the Confirmation options page, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
After the clean-up process finishes, Plan status must be Ready.